Monday, April 27, 2009

[17] Customizing Email Templates

I used to receive "Scheduler job failed" email messages. Unless I open email and see which job failed, I wasn't sure if that was important/critical...

After changing Email Template, I could receive mail with job name in Subject line of Email. (though there could be other templates which can be customized for different reasons)

Steps :
1. Open ..../niku/clarity/clarity/resource/emailmessages_en.properties
2. Search for email.SCHEDULER_JOB_FAILED=
3. Replace that line with following
email.SCHEDULER_JOB_FAILED=Scheduler job failed - {0} on {3};\n\

4. Refresh Cache or restart App

* Few things to remember : This is just to throw idea how it can be done, different versions may have different template text & parameters so just be careful for that. And importantly and as always, this change may get washed away after Upgrade/SP/FP so need to revisit. This particular example for "en" language.

4 comments:

  1. HI,

    I also need to change some email tamplates. But where can I find a list with what each parameter meand. Specifically: I am interested in chnagind email for action item to include the description of AI in the body of the message, and also EVENTs to include the description of the event in the body of email

    can you help?

    thanks,

    regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I need to add description of Action Item too same as previous post. It will be really valuable.

    thanks,

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sangeet,

    Is it possible to post a scheduler job failed mail to selected person in Clarity?
    I thought about the account settings option where we can disable the notifications, but I will have to do it for all the users in Clarity, which I want to avoid. Is there any other way I can achieve this feature.

    Thanks
    Abhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abhi,

    You can set the person/group's name in the Job's Schedule page for the failure event. You can also send notification when job completes.

    This is to be done for every scheduled job for which you want to notify for failure/completion.

    Thanks
    Sangeet

    ReplyDelete